Mississauga Taking Back Old and Unwanted Waste Bins Today
Got a few old waste bins you need to get rid of? You're in luck.
Peel is organizing a "take-back" event, in which it will be taking back old and obsolete waste containers. This includes green bins, blue boxes, grey boxes, and other plastic containers that were part of Peel’s former curbside collection program.
From 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday (July 23), citizens can have their bins disposed of for free by taking them to the Lakeview Water Treatment Facility on 920 East Avenue.
Keep in mind that bins will only be accepted if they're empty, old and obsolete. Peel will also not be collecting any old containers at the curb.
Another take-back event will take place next month on August 6, and will allow residents to drop off their old containers at the Iceland Arena on 705 Matheson Blvd. East.
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store