Mississauga Student Celebrating Incredible Academic Achievement
It's no secret that Mississauga—a city of over 700,000—is full of talented people.
It's also, it seems, full of very smart and hardworking ones.
The Peel District School Board (PDSB) recently announced that three Peel board students graduated with 100 percent averages.
The PDSB says students from Glenforest, Harold M. Brathwaite and Mayfield secondary schools achieved the highest averages within the Peel District School Board during the 2017-18 school year, including three averages of 100 percent.
These students are among over 5,000 Peel board students who made Ontario’s Top Scholar list by graduating grade 12 with an average of 80 percent or higher in their top six grade 12 courses.
In Mississauga, Yashan Chelliahpillai of Glenforest Secondary School achieved a perfect 100 percent average (a pretty remarkable feat!).
The PDSB says his advice for next year’s grade 12 students is simple: “Strive to have a balance in your life. Stay confident and do not burn out."
Chelliahpillai is about to enter the the Medical Sciences program at Western University.
In Brampton, Sukhdeep Bhangal and Janani Navagnanavel of Harold M. Brathwaite Secondary School both achieved a perfect average of 100 percent.
“Having clear aims and objectives” helped her achieve the high marks and kept her “motivated to focus on tasks and work hard,” Bhangal told the PDSB.
“The time I invested in my learning plus the amazing support that I received from my family and teachers all helped me to continuously excel in my studies,” says Navagnanavel.
Both Bhangal and Navagnanavel are working towards a future in the medical field.
Bhangal, like Chelliahpillai, has been accepted into the Medical Sciences program at Western University and Navagnanavel will attend the University of Toronto - St. George campus for the Life Sciences program in September.
Mayfield Secondary School student, Kaitlyn Chou, scored the highest average amongst Caledon schools with 99.2 percent.
Chou will start classes at McMaster University in the fall for the Health Sciences program.
- This Mississauga Student Graduated with a 100 Per Cent Average
- Four Mississauga Students Graduate With 100 Per Cent Average
- Two Mississauga High School Graduates Tied For Top Grade Average
- Facts you never knew about Peel District School Board students in Mississauga
- School Board Is Launching This New Program To Help Students Living In Poverty
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Two suspects sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga