Mississauga Splash Pads Open Up for the Summer
Looking to cool off during the hot summer months? Remember the three P's: pools, parks and (splash) pads.
The city will be opening its seven outdoor pools on June 25, providing residents with the perfect opportunity to go for a swim and just relax with friends and family.
If you'd prefer an indoor environment, you can check out any of the city's 11 indoor pools, which are open all year long (with the exception of the Meadowvale Community Centre pool, which is currently closed for renovations and will reopen this fall).
The indoor pools also feature a variety of aquatic programs, drop-in swims, and swimming lessons for all ages. See the city's aquatics page for pool locations and more information.
While swimming is the go-to summer activity for most people, don't forget to visit a few of Mississauga's many scenic parks.
The warm sunny season may be the best opportunity you have to go for a stroll, enjoy a picnic, or just hang out and take in all of the natural beauty.
If you're bringing children, be sure to let them cool off with the outdoor splash pads. The city will be opening its 18 spray pads on May 28.
Remember the spray pads are unsupervised and open at 9 a.m. every day, excluding Lakefront Promenade Marina Park, which opens at 10 a.m.
Check out eparks.ca for more information on the parks and splash pads near you.
So tell us Mississauga, what will you be doing to cool off this summer? Do you have any other suggestions or tips on how to stay cool during the summer months?
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Brampton school sends 18 staff members home over COVID-19 scare
- 5 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines