Mississauga single mom of five instantly wins $1 million
Life just got a little better for a Mississauga single mother of five children.
Darlind Gomes, 52, was the winner of the $1 million guaranteed prize in the December 2 Lotto 6/49 draw.
Gomes said she normally checks her ticket the morning after the draw, but it slipped her mind as she busy tending to family.
“While in bed that night, I suddenly remembered my ticket and felt compelled to check it,” she said. “When I saw the words ‘Big Winner’ on my phone, I couldn’t believe my eyes, I was sick with excitement and disbelief!”
She said the win is a life-changer as she looks to make a better life for her family.
“I’ve been a single mom for the last 12 years and this is a total blessing,” she said. “I never thought I’d be able to afford real estate, but now I can. It’s time for me and my boys to level up!”
The winning ticket was purchased at A Convenience on North Service Road in Mississauga.
- $1 million lottery prize was won by a ticket in Ontario on Saturday's draw
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- No winning ticket for Saturday night’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Massive Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- $1 Million Lottery Ticket Was Sold in Mississauga
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February