Mississauga single mom of five instantly wins $1 million
Life just got a little better for a Mississauga single mother of five children.
Darlind Gomes, 52, was the winner of the $1 million guaranteed prize in the December 2 Lotto 6/49 draw.
Gomes said she normally checks her ticket the morning after the draw, but it slipped her mind as she busy tending to family.
“While in bed that night, I suddenly remembered my ticket and felt compelled to check it,” she said. “When I saw the words ‘Big Winner’ on my phone, I couldn’t believe my eyes, I was sick with excitement and disbelief!”
She said the win is a life-changer as she looks to make a better life for her family.
“I’ve been a single mom for the last 12 years and this is a total blessing,” she said. “I never thought I’d be able to afford real estate, but now I can. It’s time for me and my boys to level up!”
The winning ticket was purchased at A Convenience on North Service Road in Mississauga.
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in the Canada
- Mayor of Brampton Patrick Brown and wife celebrate birth of baby girl