Mississauga single mom of five instantly wins $1 million
Life just got a little better for a Mississauga single mother of five children.
Darlind Gomes, 52, was the winner of the $1 million guaranteed prize in the December 2 Lotto 6/49 draw.
Gomes said she normally checks her ticket the morning after the draw, but it slipped her mind as she busy tending to family.
“While in bed that night, I suddenly remembered my ticket and felt compelled to check it,” she said. “When I saw the words ‘Big Winner’ on my phone, I couldn’t believe my eyes, I was sick with excitement and disbelief!”
She said the win is a life-changer as she looks to make a better life for her family.
“I’ve been a single mom for the last 12 years and this is a total blessing,” she said. “I never thought I’d be able to afford real estate, but now I can. It’s time for me and my boys to level up!”
The winning ticket was purchased at A Convenience on North Service Road in Mississauga.
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- Police investigate after shots fired at car in west Mississauga
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- New COVID cases in Peel Region follow provincial trend for daily numbers