Mississauga Shoppers Beware: Neilson Chocolate Milk Recalled
Mississauga shoppers beware -- you could stumble upon a tainted chocolate milk product in your local grocery store.
The Brampton Guardian is reporting that Saputo Inc. has expanded its recall of the Neilson brand Partly Skimmed Chocolate Milk due to possible listeria contamination.
The milk targeted in the recall was manufactured by the company's Georgetown facility. If your refreshing chocolate beverage's packaging contains Plant Registration Number 1590, it could be affected.
You can read more about this specific recall -- and the products affected -- here.
Symptoms of listeriosis include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headaches and neck stiffness. If you are pregnant, elderly or suffering from a weakened immune system, you are particularly at risk. Listeria is especially dangerous for pregnant women -- even those who only experience mild, flu-like symptoms -- as the infection can harm the fetus.
According to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), illnesses that may be related to the products have been reported.
If you have any of the Neilson brand chocolate milk products mentioned by the CFIA in your fridge, check for that "1590" number and dispose of or return the product. You should also keep an eye out for the number while shopping.
If you believe you have gotten sick from consuming the product, see your doctor.
- Here’s How Mississauga is Getting Rid of Horrifying Insects
- Police Identify Second Suspect Wanted in “Vicious” Attack on Autistic Man in Mississauga
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Here’s What’s Happening With a Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Cafe Issued Closure Notice in Error
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Popular Chicken Product Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Potentially Dangerous Meat Products Being Recalled from Mississauga Stores
- Ground Meat Products Recalled Due to Dangerous Bacteria
- Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria