Mississauga Shooting Suspect Found Freezing in Forest
A Mississauga man who was recently arrested in connection with a shooting and robbery had to be carried to safety by officers after he was found hiding in a frigid forest.
The Bracebridge OPP and the Muskoka Crime Unit are investigating following a robbery that reportedly occurred on Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 5:30 p.m. in a vehicle on Muskoka Road 118 in Bracebridge.
Police say the victims met with the three suspects at the Muskoka Road 118 and Brackenrig Road intersection in Muskoka Lakes Township before the three suspects entered the victim's vehicle and demanded cash. A single shot was reportedly discharged from a firearm.
The two vehicles started driving in tandem toward Highway 11 North, but one victim was able to call police. The victims were eventually told to pull over and two suspects fled on foot.
Police soon arrested two Gravenhurst men in connection with the incident—27-year-old Nicholas Jarvis and 29-year-old Mitchell Jarvis.
The OPP Canine Unit was deployed to search for the remaining suspect and police eventually located the accused, 35-year-old Mississauga man Jermaine Duffus. Police say Duffus, who was hiding in a nearby forest west of Highway 11, was found suffering from hypothermia. He was carried by police to the roadway and transported to hospital.
Police have charged all three accused men with robbery using a firearm.
The investigation is ongoing and additional charges are anticipated.
Anyone with information is asked to please call Bracebridge OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- 13-year-old Mississauga boy charged following violent bank robbery
- Two Mississauga Men Arrested in Connection With Bank Robbery
- Police seeking public's assistance in identifying suspect in connection to armed robbery and shooting in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspects After Victim Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Shooting Incident
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- A frost advisory in effect for Mississauga