Mississauga shooting becomes Region's seventh homicide of the year
A shooting that occurred this week in Mississauga is now the Region’s seventh homicide investigation for the year.
On August 3, Peel Regional Police was called to the area of Huntington Ridge Drive in relation to reports of gunshots.
Upon arrival, police discovered 25-year-old Abdifatah Salah suffering from a gunshot wound.
Salah was transported to a trauma centre, but he has since succumbed to his injuries.
The investigation has revealed a vehicle believed to be involved was seen fleeing the area.
Police are urging anyone with dashcam footage of the area of Mavis Road and Eglinton Avenue West between the hours of 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. on August 3 to contact them.
Further, anyone with information relevant to the investigation is urged to contact the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, extension 3205.
Additionally, information may be provided to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Police seeking public's assistance in locating suspect in relation to shooting in Mississauga
- Police seeking public's assistance in locating vehicle connected to homicide in Mississauga
- Man shot in Brampton last week has died in hospital, homicide investigation now underway
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Peel police investigating 21st homicide of 2019
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source