Mississauga set to reopen its indoor facilities starting Jan. 31
Published January 21, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Following the Ontario government’s announcement yesterday that it will gradually ease COVID-19 restrictions, the City of Mississauga says it’s planning to reopen many of its indoor facilities starting Jan. 31.
In a press release this afternoon, Mississauga officials said libraries, community centres, recreational facilities and gyms, sports venues and cultural facilities are among the facilities that will open their doors to the public once again.
The City says they’ll reopen according to the provincial capacity limits that remain in place.
“I’m so happy residents will soon be able to use our facilities again as they’re vital to people’s physical and mental health,” said Mayor Bonnie Crombie. “We do have to remember that Omicron is still spreading in our community. That’s why we’re maintaining important public health measures at City facilities, including masking, distancing and proof of vaccination, to protect those at the highest risk.”
The City will reopen facilities and services as follows:
- All community centres and cultural facilities will reopen Jan. 31 (this will include access to fitness centres, arenas, pools, gymnasiums, museums and theatres at 50 per cent capacity)
- Proof of vaccination with a QR code continues to be a requirement
- Winter programs will begin the week of Jan. 31
- Meeting and event spaces are available for permitting at 50 per cent capacity as of Jan. 31 with some restrictions
- All libraries will return to in-person service on Jan. 31, with capacity capped at 50 per cent
- Ticketed events are permitted up to a maximum of 500 attendees. Visit Paramount Fine Foods Centre and the Living Arts Centre online for more information
- Food services are available for banquet rentals with some restrictions. However, concession services within arenas are required to remain closed
- Mississauga’s museums will open on Feb. 3
- The outdoor skating rinks at Celebration Square and Woodhurst Heights Park, as well as community operated outdoor rinks, remain open
- Washrooms and outdoor recreational amenities open during the winter will remain open
- A list of all operational outdoor winter recreational activities is available at mississauga.ca/getoutside