Mississauga schools to celebrate Christian Heritage Month
At a board meeting on January 13, 2020, Brampton trustee, Kathy McDonald, filed a notice of motion which asked the board to recognize the month of December as Christian Heritage Month.
Peel District School Board (PDSB) trustees have voted in favour of recognizing the month of December as Christian Heritage Month.
At the regular meeting of the board, which took place on January 28, 2020, board member, Faraz Saleem made a presentation to trustees in support of Christian Heritage Month.
The Board approved the motion and effective December 2020, PDSB schools across Brampton and Mississauga will now recognize December as Christian Heritage Month.
In December 2019, Brampton City Council also voted in favour of declaring the month of December as Christian Heritage Month in the city of Brampton.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- These stores are still open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- Peel District School Board under review following racism and human rights complaints
- January Was an Unusually Dark Month for Mississauga
- Raptors’ Nurse named NBA Eastern Conference coach of the month for January
- Peel School Board Wants to Hire More Black and Indigenous Teachers