Mississauga School Under Lockdown
A Mississauga school is under lockdown as Peel police investigate a male suspect who may be armed.
The call came in at 9:56 a.m.
Officers are at TL Kennedy Secondary School in Cooksville, along Hurontario St. just north of Dundas St.
A nearby day care, Learning Jungle, is in a 'hold and secure.'
File photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
UPDATE: Police are asking students inside the school to remain calm and answer officers’ questions.
UPDATE: The lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted, say police at 1 p.m.
A male student was found with a BB gun. He’s been arrested.
The case is being handled by the 12 Division criminal investigation bureau.
UPDATE:The suspect is a student at TL Kennedy, police confirmed. The scene has been cleared as of 1:40 p.m. Investigators will “determine what charges, if any, will be laid,” said Const. Akhil Mooken, adding school resource officers remain at TLK to comfort students.
- Mississauga school in hold and secure while police look for male in "state of undress"
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- One school in lockdown and others in hold and secure following fight in Mississauga
- School in Hold and Secure After Man Spotted With Possible Gun in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga