Mississauga School Under Lockdown
A Mississauga school is under lockdown as Peel police investigate a male suspect who may be armed.
The call came in at 9:56 a.m.
Officers are at TL Kennedy Secondary School in Cooksville, along Hurontario St. just north of Dundas St.
A nearby day care, Learning Jungle, is in a 'hold and secure.'
File photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
UPDATE: Police are asking students inside the school to remain calm and answer officers’ questions.
UPDATE: The lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted, say police at 1 p.m.
A male student was found with a BB gun. He’s been arrested.
The case is being handled by the 12 Division criminal investigation bureau.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Student Charged After Weapon Sighting Caused Lockdown in Mississauga