Mississauga School Under Lockdown
A Mississauga school is under lockdown as Peel police investigate a male suspect who may be armed.
The call came in at 9:56 a.m.
Officers are at TL Kennedy Secondary School in Cooksville, along Hurontario St. just north of Dundas St.
A nearby day care, Learning Jungle, is in a 'hold and secure.'
File photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
UPDATE: Police are asking students inside the school to remain calm and answer officers’ questions.
UPDATE: The lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted, say police at 1 p.m.
A male student was found with a BB gun. He’s been arrested.
The case is being handled by the 12 Division criminal investigation bureau.
UPDATE:The suspect is a student at TL Kennedy, police confirmed. The scene has been cleared as of 1:40 p.m. Investigators will “determine what charges, if any, will be laid,” said Const. Akhil Mooken, adding school resource officers remain at TLK to comfort students.
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- One school in lockdown and others in hold and secure following fight in Mississauga
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- School in Hold and Secure After Man Spotted With Possible Gun in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26