Mississauga School Nabs Huge Donation
A lucky Mississauga middle school is quite a bit richer—and just in time for the holiday season, no less.
On Monday, Dec. 11, associates from a Staples store in Mississauga presented Tomken Middle School with a whopping $10,000 donation from both Staples and Intel. The money will go to fund new technology for the school.
The store associates who got to present the donation were from the Staples on 2040 Dundas Street East. A Staples rep said the associates won a Score with Intel Core competition and their prize was to select a school in their community to receive the sizeable donation.
"Tomken Road Middle School is just around the corner from the store, so the associates knew right away who they’d like to give the donation to," Kathleen Stelmach, senior marketing communications specialist, Staples Canada, told inSauga.com.
"We know that this donation will be put to good use within the school and hope that it will help equip the school with new technology to enhance learning."
Here's hoping the students can enjoy the benefits of their donation in New Year!
Photo courtesy of Tomken Middle School Facebook page
- Mississauga School Scores Finalist Spot in Prestigious Competition
- Residential builders donate personal protective equipment to Mississauga school
- Catholic school students might face delayed start to school year in Mississauga: DPCDSB
- School buildings and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today
- Ontario's high school teachers withdrawing services from select school boards this Tuesday
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases