Mississauga School Nabs Huge Donation
A lucky Mississauga middle school is quite a bit richer—and just in time for the holiday season, no less.
On Monday, Dec. 11, associates from a Staples store in Mississauga presented Tomken Middle School with a whopping $10,000 donation from both Staples and Intel. The money will go to fund new technology for the school.
The store associates who got to present the donation were from the Staples on 2040 Dundas Street East. A Staples rep said the associates won a Score with Intel Core competition and their prize was to select a school in their community to receive the sizeable donation.
"Tomken Road Middle School is just around the corner from the store, so the associates knew right away who they’d like to give the donation to," Kathleen Stelmach, senior marketing communications specialist, Staples Canada, told inSauga.com.
"We know that this donation will be put to good use within the school and hope that it will help equip the school with new technology to enhance learning."
Here's hoping the students can enjoy the benefits of their donation in New Year!
Photo courtesy of Tomken Middle School Facebook page
- Peel Police are Warning Residents to be Aware of Scams
- Here’s How Many New Condos Will be Coming to Part of Mississauga Over the Next 10 Years
- Your Morning Commute in Mississauga May be Delayed
- Massive Fireworks Display Coming to Ontario For the First Time Ever
- These Products are Now Banned in Canada
- Mississauga School Scores Finalist Spot in Prestigious Competition
- Mississauga School Receives Substantial Amount of Grant Money
- Mississauga High School Students Win Top Prize $50k in Samsung Contest
- A Popular Mississauga Cafe Will Stay Open Due to Substantial Donation
- Mississauga Man Arrested Again for Stealing from Religious Donation Boxes