Mississauga School Nabs Huge Donation
A lucky Mississauga middle school is quite a bit richer—and just in time for the holiday season, no less.
On Monday, Dec. 11, associates from a Staples store in Mississauga presented Tomken Middle School with a whopping $10,000 donation from both Staples and Intel. The money will go to fund new technology for the school.
The store associates who got to present the donation were from the Staples on 2040 Dundas Street East. A Staples rep said the associates won a Score with Intel Core competition and their prize was to select a school in their community to receive the sizeable donation.
"Tomken Road Middle School is just around the corner from the store, so the associates knew right away who they’d like to give the donation to," Kathleen Stelmach, senior marketing communications specialist, Staples Canada, told inSauga.com.
"We know that this donation will be put to good use within the school and hope that it will help equip the school with new technology to enhance learning."
Here's hoping the students can enjoy the benefits of their donation in New Year!
Photo courtesy of Tomken Middle School Facebook page
- Government of Canada Issues Travel Advisory for Mexico
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- A Look at the Most Expensive and Cheapest Houses in Mississauga
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- Government Updates Travel Advisory For Sri Lanka After Another Explosion
- Mississauga School Scores Finalist Spot in Prestigious Competition
- A Popular Mississauga Cafe Will Stay Open Due to Substantial Donation
- Mississauga School Receives Substantial Amount of Grant Money
- Mississauga High School Students Win Top Prize $50k in Samsung Contest
- Mississauga Man Arrested Again for Stealing from Religious Donation Boxes