Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
Police say a Mississauga school is on lockdown after a reported weapon sighting.
According to police, Stephen Lewis Secondary School is the only school in the area under lockdown.
Tactical units are currently in the Thomas Street /Tenth Line West area to investigatate the anonymous tip about the possible weapon on the school’s premises.
Other schools are in hold and secure, including
Churchill Meadows Mississauga
St Faustina CES Mississauga
St Joan of Arc CSS Mississauga
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported.
UPDATE: the lockdown and hold and secures have been lifted. Police remain on scene.
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Seen in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Schools Under Hold and Secure After Man Spotted with Weapon
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers