Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
Police say a Mississauga school is on lockdown after a reported weapon sighting.
According to police, Stephen Lewis Secondary School is the only school in the area under lockdown.
Tactical units are currently in the Thomas Street /Tenth Line West area to investigatate the anonymous tip about the possible weapon on the school’s premises.
Other schools are in hold and secure, including
Churchill Meadows Mississauga
St Faustina CES Mississauga
St Joan of Arc CSS Mississauga
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported.
UPDATE: the lockdown and hold and secures have been lifted. Police remain on scene.
- Police called after racism discussions become heated at Peel District School Board meeting
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Car drives on sidewalk in Mississauga
- Canada issues travel advisory warning for India
- Tim Hortons is implementing changes to its Tims Rewards loyalty program
- Five Reasons You Need to Try This Amazing Egyptian Restaurant in Mississauga
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Mississauga High School Under Lockdown Following Reported Assault
- One school in lockdown and others in hold and secure following fight in Mississauga