Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
Police say a Mississauga school is on lockdown after a reported weapon sighting.
According to police, Stephen Lewis Secondary School is the only school in the area under lockdown.
Tactical units are currently in the Thomas Street /Tenth Line West area to investigatate the anonymous tip about the possible weapon on the school’s premises.
Other schools are in hold and secure, including
Churchill Meadows Mississauga
St Faustina CES Mississauga
St Joan of Arc CSS Mississauga
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
No injuries have been reported.
UPDATE: the lockdown and hold and secures have been lifted. Police remain on scene.
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- Police Respond to Multiple Vehicle Collision in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Mississauga High School Under Lockdown Following Reported Assault
- UPDATE: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Reported Stabbing
- Mississauga School Under Lockdown