Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
A Mississauga school is in hold and secure due to a stabbing incident that occurred in the area (not in the school itself).
Peel police say reports of a stabbing came in shortly after 11:00 am.
Police say the incident occurred in the Creditview Road and Bristol Road area.
A male has been identified as the victim. His age and condition are not known at this time.
As a result of the incident, nearby school St. Joseph Catholic Secondary School has been placed in hold and secure.
Updates to follow.
Police say a male victim has been transported to a local hospital, his condition is unknown. He was found in a building in the Bristol Road and Creditiview Road area.
Police say one male suspect is in police custody. The victim is in hospital in critical condition.
Police say there are no public or community safety concerns and that this was an isolated incident. The victim and suspect are known to each other.
The hold and secure has been lifted.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Schools in Hold and Secure Following Stabbing in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- Stabbing Incident Sends Victim to Hospital in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga