Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
A Mississauga school is in hold and secure due to a stabbing incident that occurred in the area (not in the school itself).
Peel police say reports of a stabbing came in shortly after 11:00 am.
Police say the incident occurred in the Creditview Road and Bristol Road area.
A male has been identified as the victim. His age and condition are not known at this time.
As a result of the incident, nearby school St. Joseph Catholic Secondary School has been placed in hold and secure.
Updates to follow.
Police say a male victim has been transported to a local hospital, his condition is unknown. He was found in a building in the Bristol Road and Creditiview Road area.
Police say one male suspect is in police custody. The victim is in hospital in critical condition.
Police say there are no public or community safety concerns and that this was an isolated incident. The victim and suspect are known to each other.
The hold and secure has been lifted.
- Mississauga school in hold and secure while police look for male in "state of undress"
- Schools in Hold and Secure Following Stabbing in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure
- Man attacked with a brick, nearby Brampton school temporarily placed under hold and secure order
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today