Mississauga School Closures to Take Note of
Students in Mississauga may be happy to hear this news.
All schools and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today (Feb. 6) due to bad weather conditions.
Environment Canada has issued a freezing rain warning for Mississauga.
"An area of freezing rain is moving over the area this morning," notes the Environment Canada website.
"The freezing rain could persist for much of the day before changing to freezing drizzle this evening.Freezing drizzle is expected to continue tonight and into Thursday morning."
All schools in the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board are also closed today.
Post-secondary students should note that the University of Toronto—Mississauga (UTM) is closed all day today. All classes, tutorials, labs, tests, meetings and other on-campus activities are cancelled.
Sheridan College is also ending classes early. In fact, Sheridan says that all of its classes will end at 11:00 am and all three of its campuses (Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton) will close at noon today. The closure extends to all of Sheridan's facilities, but campus security will remain on site.
Roads, walkways, highways, and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Utility outages also may occur.
Stay safe today, Mississauga.
- Busy Mississauga library to close for two years for a multi-million-dollar renovation
- Police investigating hotel robbery in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Man wanted for allegedly yelling racial comments and threats in Mississauga
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- City still concerned about controversial convent and senior’s residence in Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
- Sheridan College and Other School Programs Closing Due to Snow
- Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Closures to Take Note of Due to Severe Weather