Mississauga School Closures to Take Note of
Students in Mississauga may be happy to hear this news.
All schools and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today (Feb. 6) due to bad weather conditions.
Environment Canada has issued a freezing rain warning for Mississauga.
"An area of freezing rain is moving over the area this morning," notes the Environment Canada website.
"The freezing rain could persist for much of the day before changing to freezing drizzle this evening.Freezing drizzle is expected to continue tonight and into Thursday morning."
All schools in the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board are also closed today.
Post-secondary students should note that the University of Toronto—Mississauga (UTM) is closed all day today. All classes, tutorials, labs, tests, meetings and other on-campus activities are cancelled.
Sheridan College is also ending classes early. In fact, Sheridan says that all of its classes will end at 11:00 am and all three of its campuses (Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton) will close at noon today. The closure extends to all of Sheridan's facilities, but campus security will remain on site.
Roads, walkways, highways, and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Utility outages also may occur.
Stay safe today, Mississauga.
- Environment Canada issues freezing rain warning for Mississauga
- Freezing Rain Warning Officially in Effect for Mississauga
- Sheridan College and Other School Programs Closing Due to Snow
- Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Closures to Take Note of Due to Severe Weather
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic