Mississauga sales associate enjoying big lotto win
Christmas has come early for a lucky Mississauga woman.
OLG says that “life is a little more grand” for Julie Carter, 36, who matched all five main numbers to win a second prize of $25,000 a year for life with Daily Grand in the October 29, 2020 draw.
OLG says Carter opted to take a lump sum prize of $500,000 instead of the yearly payments.
Carter, a sales associate, said this is her first time winning.
"When I checked my ticket using the OLG Lottery App I thought it was an ad that popped up, so I closed the app and then scanned it again," she told OLG.
"It didn't feel real! I was in shock and so excited."
Carter said her win feels like a relief.
"You have all these plans when you think about winning but when it happens that all changes."
OLG says that Carter plans to do some travelling (when it's safe again) and investing with her winnings.
The winning ticket was purchased at United Food Mart on Credit Valley Road in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by appointment only.
- Iconic Baseball Player Joe Carter Set to Appear at Grand Opening Celebration in Mississauga
- Massive Winning Lotto Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Massive Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- $1 Mil Winning Lottery Ticket Just Sold in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard