Mississauga Rocked by Multiple Robberies in One Night
Wednesday night was a bizarre and terrifying night for Mississauga residents who dealt with a strange sleu of robberies.
Earlier in the evening, multiple young assailants—all described as young males with dark clothing and covered faces—robbed three different people in the South Common Centre area. One victim was taken to hospital with minor injuries and all victims reported losing personal property in the attacks.
Shortly after 8:00 p.m., police responded to reports of a robbery at a Longo’s grocery store in the Rathburn and Ponytrail area. According to Peel police Const. Mark Fischer, a 45-year-old man entered the grocery store and handed a cashier a note demanding money. He indicated that he had a weapon, but none was seen.
He was located by a K9 unit and taken into custody about an hour or so after the incident.
Around 9:30 p.m., another call came in regarding a robbery at an unidentified store in the Ambler and Tomken area.
According to Const. Fischer, three male culprits entered a store and either forced or drove several employees into a back room. The suspects were armed and one victim sustained injuries consistant with being struck by a gun (pistol whipped, in layman’s terms).
The victim was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
Police are investigating the incidents.
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- Police Dealing with Person in Crisis in Mississauga
- Popular Grocery Store Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Top 5 Brunch Spots in Mississauga
- Two Robberies Involving Multiple Assailants Reported in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Police Searching For Suspect Wanted For Multiple Mississauga Robberies
- Police Seeking ATM Robbery Victim in Mississauga
- Suspect Arrested For Multiple Mississauga Robberies
- Four Suspects On the Run After Late Night Robbery in Mississauga