Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win
A lucky Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says that Francisco Rezendes won "Ontario's jackpot" - $215,852.30 in the October 10, 2020 Lottario draw.
Rezendes, a 75-year-old retiree, told OLG that he likes to play random numbers - but they're always the same.
"I checked my ticket using the OLG Lottery App," he said.
"I called my wife at work to tell her that I won, but she didn't believe it."
The father of two said he plans to use his winnings to purchase a new car.
The winning ticket was purchased at Hasty Market on Hurontario Street in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga