Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win
A lucky Mississauga man is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says that Francisco Rezendes won "Ontario's jackpot" - $215,852.30 in the October 10, 2020 Lottario draw.
Rezendes, a 75-year-old retiree, told OLG that he likes to play random numbers - but they're always the same.
"I checked my ticket using the OLG Lottery App," he said.
"I called my wife at work to tell her that I won, but she didn't believe it."
The father of two said he plans to use his winnings to purchase a new car.
The winning ticket was purchased at Hasty Market on Hurontario Street in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.