Mississauga Man Celebrating Big Lottery Win
A Mississauga retiree is enjoying a pretty substantial windfall.
OLG recently congratulated Michael Matthew for winning $100,000 with Encore (March 24, 2018 Ontario 49 draw).
OLG says Matthew matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in exact order to win the $100,000 prize.
"I have been playing the lottery for years," Matthew told OLG at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I enjoy playing Ontario 49 with Encore, and sometimes Daily Keno."
"I called the Win! line to find out the winning numbers and started checking them from left to right on my ticket. When I realized that I matched six numbers, I had to read the ticket a dozen times to make sure I was seeing it right."
Later that day, Matthew brought his winning ticket to the store to validate it. "When I saw the $100,000 prize amount in print, I was elated!"
The 64-year old retired construction worker immediately texted his good friend to share his good news. "He was so excited for me."
Matthew told OLG he plans on using his winnings to fix his car. "I'm also going to get some new furniture," he said. "And I may take a trip down to California to visit a friend. I am feeling great because I am now able to do a lot more."
Encore can be played in conjunction with most online lottery games for an extra $1. There is an Encore draw every day.
The winning ticket was purchased at Total Convenience on Lakeshore Road in Mississauga.
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Two provinces hardest hit by COVID-19 see cases trend downward over last-week totals
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules