Mississauga restaurant firing up BBQ Drive-Thru in time for summer
Restaurants might not be permitted to open for patio or in-house dining yet, but one Mississauga resto plans to get creative by offering a BBQ drive-thru.
Atrium Bistro recently announced its BBQ Drive-Thru special, which is slated to start in the first week of June.
Every Wednesday and Friday throughout the summer, the Atrium Bistro, which is part of the Mississauga Grand Banquet & Event Centre at 35 Brunel Road, will have a barbeque special. For $8.95, a customer can get a homemade hamburger, hot dog or steak sandwich, with a canned drink.
“With the nice weather and everything, we just wanted to get people outside and hopefully, with the restrictions easing up, get together for a little lunch or something,” manager Sabrina Agostino says. “The area we’re in has all this space and we are near all these corporate offices so it is a way to get outdoors, and generate a little income for us.”
The special starts on Wednesday, June 2, the day the Bistro opens for takeout-only. Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., although they might expand later in the season as daylight hours grow longer.
It will not actually be a traditional drive-through, Agostino noted. Diners can drive up, or come by bike or on foot.
The bistro is offering a 20 per cent first responders discount to firefighters, police officers and ambulance and hospital workers. Customers do need to show a valid employee ID upon pick-up.
- Drivers instructed to avoid Northwest Drive at Caravelle Drive due to fire in Mississauga
- Drive-ins, movie theatres in Oakville and Hamilton call for Ontario to ease restrictions
- Restaurants Offering Special Deals, Takeout, and Delivery at Mississauga’s Heartland Town Centre
- Drive-in event space coming to Square One in Mississauga
- New Openings: Spin Dessert Cafe & Bistro
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- Gypsy moth blamed for mysterious rash showing up on Mississauga residents
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged