Mississauga residents reminded to properly dispose of certain household goods
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, several residents in the Region of Peel are using this time as an opportunity to do home improvements resulting in the improper disposal of certain items.
The Region of Peel would like to remind residents to dispose of ceramic and porcelain tiles properly as these items do not belong in recycling or in the garbage.
It is important to remember that they must be taken to a Community Recycling Centre for proper disposal.
Ceramic and porcelain tiles are not recyclable which makes it harder to sort at the facility.
Residents must put only recyclable items in the blue bin.
To check whether an item goes in recycling, visit Peel's waste sorter.
For more information on how to dispose of construction and renovation materials, check peelregion.ca/waste.
- Peel is Pleading With Residents to Dispose of Medical Waste Properly in Mississauga
- Changes coming to garbage and recycling rules and procedures in Mississauga
- Here's how you can dispose of mercury-containing items in Mississauga
- Region of Peel Asking Residents to Avoid Common Recycling Mistake
- Here Is An Important Recycling Update Mississauga Residents Should Know