Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
Two people from Mississauga and two from Brampton are among a group of six who have won $100,000 in the July 31, 2020, LOTTO MAX draw.
The group also won $20.00 on their LOTTO MAX play which brought their total winnings to $100,020.
The group members are Alman Browne of Brampton, Loreen Brown of Brampton, Abigail Grannum of Mississauga, Sandra Pauvif of Mississauga, Leon Forde of Toronto, and Shirlene Charles of Richmond Hill.
“We’ve been playing together as a group for five years,” Browne told OLG. “When I first found out we won, I was in disbelief! I called the group members right away and no one believed me at first.”
Browne said the members of the group all have their own projects they plan to use their winnings for.
The winning ticket was purchased at Family Milk on Sheppard Avenue in Toronto.
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Donation from former Mississauga mayoral candidate and teacher puts controversial Tory MP on the hot seat