Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
Two people from Mississauga and two from Brampton are among a group of six who have won $100,000 in the July 31, 2020, LOTTO MAX draw.
The group also won $20.00 on their LOTTO MAX play which brought their total winnings to $100,020.
The group members are Alman Browne of Brampton, Loreen Brown of Brampton, Abigail Grannum of Mississauga, Sandra Pauvif of Mississauga, Leon Forde of Toronto, and Shirlene Charles of Richmond Hill.
“We’ve been playing together as a group for five years,” Browne told OLG. “When I first found out we won, I was in disbelief! I called the group members right away and no one believed me at first.”
Browne said the members of the group all have their own projects they plan to use their winnings for.
The winning ticket was purchased at Family Milk on Sheppard Avenue in Toronto.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban