Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
Two people from Mississauga and two from Brampton are among a group of six who have won $100,000 in the July 31, 2020, LOTTO MAX draw.
The group also won $20.00 on their LOTTO MAX play which brought their total winnings to $100,020.
The group members are Alman Browne of Brampton, Loreen Brown of Brampton, Abigail Grannum of Mississauga, Sandra Pauvif of Mississauga, Leon Forde of Toronto, and Shirlene Charles of Richmond Hill.
“We’ve been playing together as a group for five years,” Browne told OLG. “When I first found out we won, I was in disbelief! I called the group members right away and no one believed me at first.”
Browne said the members of the group all have their own projects they plan to use their winnings for.
The winning ticket was purchased at Family Milk on Sheppard Avenue in Toronto.
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Knife-holding man at Mississauga intersection, warns Peel police
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently