Mississauga Resident Making Plans for His Family After Major Lotto Win
A Mississauga man is enjoying a great start to the summer after walking away with a generous lotto win.
OLG recently announced that Shamill Ranmall won $100,000 with Encore. He matched six of the seven winning numbers on his selection.
"I'm the kind of guy who buys my lottery tickets and forgets about them," Ranmall told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I bought this ticket in early January, tossed it in my office desk drawer and never gave it another thought."
OLG says Ranmall and his wife run an auto body repair business and he leaves her in charge of collecting and checking the tickets.
"She was on her way to pick up our son from school when she checked the ticket. A short time later I received a photo of the validation slip that read $100,000. I thought it was a joke!"
His wife, however, assured him it was real.
"That was the best early Father's Day gift ever!"
Ranmall said he's excited to be able to help his family with his winnings.
"This win means we can help our children with their continued education and support them in whatever they choose to do," he says. "Winning the lottery is exciting and unbelievable. In an instant, we have this windfall."
Encore can be played in conjunction with most online lottery games for an extra $1. There is an Encore draw every day.
The winning ticket was purchased at Esso on Dixie Road in Mississauga.
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga