Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Nov. 15 2016
Although most foods and products are safe, some edibles and items slip through the cracks and when they do, it’s good to be aware so you can fix or avoid them.
Here’s a list of products with recall notices:
Kidde Talking Combination Smoke and CO Alarms
The alarm can fail to sound when it reaches its seven year end of life if the batteries are replaced or, for the model without a battery backup, if power is removed and then restored to the alarm. This could lead consumers to believe it is still working, which poses a risk to consumers not being alerted to a fire or carbon monoxide incident in their home.
Golden Buffalo Pineapple Cake
Golden Buffalo brand pineapple cakes are being recalled as they contain milk and sulphites which are not declared on the label. People with an allergy to milk or sensitivity to sulphites should avoid consuming this product.
Ran-Cher Acres Goat Cheese
Ran-Cher Acres is recalling all flavours of their goat cheese product due to possible salmonella contamination. Consumers should avoid eating this product.
Hinty’s Black Bean and Yam Chili
Hinty’s is recalling its Black Bean and Yam Chili due to potential contamination of dangerous bacteria. Consumers should avoid eating this product.
“Phytovie Acore Vrai Calamus” Herbal Tea
"Phytovie Acore Vrai Calamus" herbal tea, an unauthorized natural health product, is being recalled after Health Canada testing found it to contain excessive levels of beta-asarone. Beta-asarone can be toxic if consumed in high amounts. The product was sold by Gourmet Nutrition F.B. Inc. over the Internet and may also be available at retail stores.
For more information on all current recalls, click here.
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Mississauga
- Bean sprouts product recalled due to possible Salmonella contamination
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Herbal Cream and Food Products
- Cheese product recalled due to possible contamination
- This Product has Been Recalled Due to Possible Dangerous Bacteria
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- House of the Week: $4.8 mil mansion with glorious wine cellar
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend