Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food and Furniture Items
Although most foods and products are safe, some edibles and items slip through the cracks and when they do, it's good to be aware so you can fix or avoid them.
Here's a list of products with recall notices.
Longo’s brand Ontario Lean Ground Veal
This product has been recalled from the marketplace due to possible E. coli contamination. Food contaminated with E. coli may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick upon ingestion. Consumers should return or throw out this product, and consult a doctor if they think they became sick from eating contaminated food.
Various breaded fish and seafood products from High Liner Foods
High Liner Foods Inc. is recalling various High Liner, High Liner Captain’s Crew and Portico Bounty brands of breaded fish and seafood products as they may contain milk which is not listed on the label. Those with milk allergies should avoid consuming these products.
Linon Home Decor dressers
The recalled dressers are unstable if unanchored to the wall, posing a tip-over and entrapment hazard for small children. Consumers should contact Linon Home for a full refund or tip-restraint kit.
Various Dressers, Night Tables and Chests from Caramia Furniture Ltd.
These recalled furniture pieces may similarly tip over if not securely anchored to the wall, posing an entrapment hazard. As of March 30, 2017, the company has received three reports of the furniture tipping over in Canada (no reports of injuries). Consumers should contact Caramia Furniture Ltd. to obtain free tip over restraint kits.
Bristol brand Chopped Ham
This product is being recalled due to the presence of bone fragments, posing a choking hazard. Consumers are advised to return this product to the store it was purchased from or throw it out.
For more information on these and all current recalls, click here.
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Various Contaminated Food Products
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food Products and Children's Toys
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food, Cleaning Products and More
- Cauliflower and Lettuce Products Recalled for Possible Contamination in Mississauga
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food and Household Products
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win