Mississauga Recalls of the Week - E. coli and Listeria Contamination
Although most foods and products are safe, some edibles and items slip through the cracks and when they do, it’s good to be aware so you can fix or avoid them.
Here’s a list of products with recall notices.
Robin Hood brand All Purpose Flour
This flour has been recalled due to possible E. coli contamination. Food contaminated with E. coli may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Consumers are advised to throw out any recalled food products or return them to the store they were bought from, and contact a doctor if they believe they became sick from eating contaminated food.
Wholesome Farms brand Strawberry Sundae Cup
This ice cream has been recalled due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Symptoms of consuming this bacteria may include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness.
Thai Kitchen brand Original Pad Thai Stir-fry Sauce
This sauce has been found to contain peanut ingredients which are not listed on the product’s label. Those with peanut allergies should avoid eating this product and return it to the store.
Marin Mountain Bikes brand Pine Mountain Bicycles
This recall involves two Marin adult bicycle models: 2016 “Pine Mountain 1” and 2017 “Pine Mountain” bicycles. The rigid front forks on these bikes can bend or break during use, posing fall and crash hazards to the user. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled mountain bikes and contact Marin Bikes for instructions on receiving a replacement bicycle fork and scheduling a free repair.
Wild Game Summer Sausage and Fresh & Healthy brand Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Both of these products are being recalled due to possible E. coli contamination. Consumers should avoid eating them and return them to the store they were purchased from.
Heinz brand Apple Juice from Concentrate
This apple juice from Heinz has been recalled due to the presence of mould. You should either return this product or throw it out.
For more information on these and all current recalls, click here.
- PHOTOS: Allegedly impaired driver takes out snow plow in Mississauga
- Police arrest suspect in connection to shooting in Mississauga
- Syrian refugee family makes new life--and opens new business--in Mississauga
- Popular taco and burrito place opening in Mississauga soon
- Police urging Mississauga drivers 'donut' try this yourselves
- Popular Flour Product Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Cauliflower and Lettuce Products Recalled for Possible Contamination in Mississauga
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Possible E. Coli Contamination
- Popular Flour Being Recalled for Contamination with Harmful Bacteria
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Herbal Cream and Food Products