Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Bacteria Concerns and Safety Hazards
Although most foods and products are safe, some edibles and items slip through the cracks and when they do, it's good to be aware so you can fix or avoid them.
Hampton House brand Chicken Strips
These chicken strips have been recalled due to an error in the preparation instructions on the label. The oven preparation instructions should read “Preheat to 204 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit)”. If not cooked properly, the product may contain harmful bacteria that can cause illnesses.
Eastern brand Payasam Mix
This product contains wheat, which is not listed as an ingredient on the label. People with an allergy to wheat or sensitivity to gluten should avoid eating this product.
RYOBI Jet Fan Leaf Blower
The plastic fan inside this leaf blower can break, causing the fan blades to be discharged from either end of the blower tube which may pose a laceration hazard. Consumers who purchased this product are encouraged to contact One World Technologies, Inc. to arrange for a full refund.
Glass Knobs from Pier 1 Imports
A variety of glass doorknobs from Pier 1 Imports are being recalled. The knobs may break when over tightened or when pressure is applied, exposing a sharp edge and posing a laceration hazard. Consumers should immediately stop using this product and return it to any Pier 1 Imports store for a full refund or merchandise credit.
Schneider’s Gourmet World brand All Dressed Seasoning
This seasoning contains milk which is not listed as an ingredient on the label. Consumers with milk allergies should return this product to the store it was purchased from.
For more information on these and all current recalls, click here.
- Tortilla product recalled from stores due to undeclared ingredient
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food and Household Products
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food and Household Items
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Food, Cleaning Products and More
- Mississauga Recalls of the Week - Various Contaminated Food Products
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga