Mississauga Ranks Among Canada's Best Places to Live
Mississauga is representing to the fullest, this time making the shortlist of the top places to live in Canada by MoneySense Magazine.
Mississauga's ranking might not be at the top of the list, but it achieved a good mid-rank at 128th on a list of 417 cities from across Canada.
In case you were wondering, Ottawa topped the national and provincial list.
But back to Mississauga!
Overall, Mississauga ranked among the top 10 on the entire list for good weather, and among the top 25 percentile for healthy population growth.
The city also scored well with low crime rates (number of reported crimes per 100,000 residents) and high household incomes.
Last year, Mississauga ranked 54th on the list, however, a ton of new cities were added to the grand total of cities that made the list, which may be a factor in our city's significant drop in rank.
Other cities that beat out Mississauga? Burlington, Stratford, Oakville, Waterloo, Vaughan, Kingston, Niagara-on-the-Lake and Newmarket.
While that might seem disheartening, note that Mississauga edged out Toronto (by one), Halifax, Hamilton, Milton, Guelph and Brampton.
This is the 14th edition of MoneySense’s Best Places to Live. It's a comprehensive data-driven snapshot of Canadian cities and towns, ranking 417 cities in 2017, which is nearly double the number of communities looked at last year.
The 2017 report captures cities as small as 9,000 residents.
For a complete list, click here.
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- Here’s Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- Here’s where Mississauga ranks on the list of the most dangerous cities in Canada
- Here's where Mississauga ranks on the list of worst cities for bedbugs
- Mississauga Earns Troubling Ranking On List Of “Rattiest” Cities