Mississauga Man Plans to Buy Dream Car Following Major Lotto Win
A Mississauga truck driver is planning to invest in a brand new car after winning the $50,000 top prize with Instant Crossword (#3218).
"I'm a truck driver and make frequent stops to gas up and take care of business so it's fun and easy to pick up a scratch ticket here and there," Surjit Sran told OLG at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "On the day I won, I played my ticket right in the store and when I realized it was worth $50,000, my legs started shaking!"
Sran has a few plans for his windfall.
"My dream car ever since I was young has been a Camaro - black with white stripes. And now that car will be in my driveway!"
The married father of two also has his loved ones in mind.
"We're thinking about a family trip to Florida to visit the theme parks. And I'll be topping up my children's education funds."
Instant Crossword is available for $3 a play and the top prize is $50,000. Odds of winning a prize are 1 in 3.84.
The winning ticket was purchased at Convenience K on Bristol Road in Mississauga.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon