Mississauga man, 78, seriously injured after being struck by driver; road closed
Published October 21, 2021 at 7:23 pm
There was a road closure is in Mississauga after a 78-year-old man who was on foot was struck by a driver on Thursday night (Oct. 21).
Eastbound Derry Rd. W. was closed at Danton Promenade after the senior citizen suffered life-altering injuries when they were struck by the driver, say Peel Regional Police. The police learned of the collision at 7:01 p.m.
The Peel police’s major collision bureau has taken control of the investigation. Witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the bureau at 905-453-2121 ext. 3710.
-Derry Rd W/Danton Prom, #Mississauga
– Pedestrian struck by a vehicle
– Unknown extent of injuries
– More info as we get it
– Call received 7:01pm
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) October 21, 2021
– The pedestrian, a 78-year-old man, remains at a trauma centre
– Injuries are life-altering
– The Major Collision Bureau has carriage of this investigation
– Witnesses are asked to contact them, or provide any information through Crime Stoppers
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) October 22, 2021
Information pertaining to any Peel criminal or missing persons investigation may also be shared anonymously, either be calling 1-800-222-8477 or online at peelcrimestoppers.ca.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies