Mississauga payroll administrator celebrating big lotto win
A Mississauga woman is enjoying a big lotto win.
OLG recently announced that saying “yes” to Encore paid off for Janet Slade, who matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the Feb. 14, 2020 Lotto Max draw to win $100,000.
OLG says that Slade, a 57-year old payroll administrator, discovered her win at the grocery store.
“My husband was getting deli meat and he looked over at me at the courtesy desk and saw the look on my face. He came over to see what was going on and I said, ‘we won a hundred’, and he said, ‘you’re that shocked over $100?” she told OLG.
“I said ‘no, it’s $100,000!’”
OLG says the married mother of three and grandmother of two plans to renovate her backyard with her winnings.
“It’s my happy place, and the timing of this win couldn’t be better. Big things will be happening this spring so we can enjoy it all summer long,” she told OLG.
The winning ticket was purchased at Mac’s on Glen Erin Drive in Mississauga.
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario