Mississauga Pair Charged in Milton Drug Case
Two Mississauga residents are being charged in connection with a Milton drug investigation.
The arrests were made on Aug. 29.
An investigation into an alleged drug trafficker -from Peel Region who was servicing Milton and Halton Hills on a frequent basis- began in late 2017 by Halton police.
Investigators obtained search warrants for a Mississauga home and raided the place on Wednesday with the assistance of Peel Regional Police.
One male and one female were handcuffed, with police seizing half a kilo of cocaine, a large quantity of bundled Canadian cash, multiple cell phones, drug packaging, and scales.
Meleek Munroe-Daley, 22, of Mississauga, and Aleyah Warnick, 22, of Mississauga, are charged with possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking.
They were released on a promise to appear and an undertaking.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to contact Det. Paul Harrower of the 1 District street crime unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 2491.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers "See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers" at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- 4 month trafficking investigation leads to charges in Halton and Peel
- Mississauga residents arrested in “Project LYNX" drug trafficking investigation
- Police launch campaign seeking tips targeting drug traffickers in Oakville, Burlington and Milton
- 11 Charged in GTA Drug Trafficking Bust
- Mississauga man charged in large Halton drug bust
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial