One Mississauga neighbourhood still reporting 11% COVID-19 positivity
COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in an area) are declining across the province, although four areas in Mississauga are still reporting relatively high rates.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of May 30 to June 5.
Of the top 50 listed, four are in Mississauga (compared to six the previous week):
L4T at 11.33% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
9th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L5C at 7.45% (area of Central Pkwy W and Erindale Station Rd)
37th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L4X at 7.43% (area of Bloor and Fieldgate)
38th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L5E at 7.14% (area of Dixie and Lakeshore Rd E)
46th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (41st during previous week)
For the same week, Brampton had three areas listed in the top 50.
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) continues to have the second worst COVID-19 percent positivity in the province.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of May 30 was 3.1%, a drop from 4.3% the previous week — but ICES says the true incidence of COVID-19 is likely being underestimated as testing continues to decrease.
Ontario has reached 68% overall vaccine coverage among those aged 12 and up, a 5% increase from the previous week.
The full data is available to read here.
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- 5 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?