Mississauga named one of the top 20 best locations in Canada
If you love living and working in Mississauga, you're not alone—a lot of people appear to think the city is pretty special when it comes to attracting businesses.
The city recently announced that for the fourth year in a row, its Economic Development Office (EDO) has been ranked one of the top 20 local and regional groups representing Canada's Best Locations by Site Selection magazine.
The city says the ranking is based on corporate end-user facility investment, job creation data and the magazine's own research.
"Mississauga continues to be a place where businesses choose to invest and thrive, thanks to the efforts of our dedicated Economic Development Team," said Mayor Bonnie Crombie in a statement.
"Given our strategic location and highly skilled and talented workforce, Mississauga is an attractive place for businesses of all sizes looking to invest. Working together, we will remain a hub for jobs and prosperity in the years to come."
The 2020 results are based on data from April 1, 2019, to March 31, 2020.
The selection process includes the number of new facilities and expansions per capita, project capital investment per capita, job creation per capita and subjective analyses of website resources, programming and outreach efforts.
The city says it has attracted a number of companies and investments, including the Goodfood Market Corp, which is slated to open a 200,000 square feet fulfilment centre that will create 2,000 jobs in 2021.
The city also mentioned that Printful invested in $2.8 million to develop a fulfilment centre that will create up to 50 jobs.
Mississauga also mentioned that White Studios Inc. opened a 181,000 square feet production space - its second studio location in the city.
The city will be highlighted alongside other top Canadian economic development groups in Site Selection's September 2020 issue.
- Magazine Names Mississauga One of Canada’s Best Locations
- Mississauga Named Top Mid-Sized City Of The Future In North And South America
- Mississauga Named City of the Future
- City launches online COVID-19 portal for Mississauga businesses
- Here’s How the City of Mississauga Has Been Helping Businesses Get Through COVID-19
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Mississauga to ask region to temporarily ban the sale of non-essential goods at big box stores
- Peel Region sets record high for COVID-19 cases today
- Region will not prohibit big box stores from selling non-essential goods in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery in Mississauga