Mississauga mother celebrating $1 million lotto win
A mother of two from Mississauga is celebrating an enormous lotto win.
OLG says Premini Paranthaman matched all seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the July 10, 2020, Lotto Max draw to win $1 million.
Paranthaman, 49, works in the finance industry.
OLG says Paranthaman was checking her ticket at a retailer when she discovered her win.
"I handed the ticket to the cashier and wasn't paying attention and asked to purchase more tickets, and then the terminal froze," she told OLG.
"I had no idea how much I had won until the lottery terminal printed out the validation slip. When I realized I had won $1 million, I started to cry!"
The married mother of two called her daughter to tell her the good news.
"She said, 'Are you sure mommy? Look at the ticket closely!'” After that, Paranthaman called her husband and he asked her if she was sure as well.
Paranthaman told OLG that she is planning to pay some bills and her mortgage.
"I love to help people. I see people in need and can't resist helping them. With this win, I can do more," she told OLG.
"I'm so thankful to God for this incredible blessing. Even now, I can't fully believe this.”
The winning ticket was purchased at Giant Tiger on Guelph Line in Burlington.
The OLG Prize Centre in Toronto is now accepting in-person prize claim appointments for winning-ticket holders of $10,000 or more.
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize