Mississauga Mom Charged After Baby Left in Car in Oakville
A mother is facing charges after an infant was found locked in a parked car in Oakville.
The incident took place on June 10.
Halton police were sent to 2423 Trafalgar Rd., near Dundas St., at 12:43 p.m.
That’s where they found the 11-month-old.
The child’s mother had been shopping in a nearby store for 90 minutes, say police.
Paramedics assessed the infant, who wasn’t physically harmed.
Thuy Thanh Tam Nguyen, 29, of Mississauga, is charged with abandoning a child and failing to provide necessaries of life.
Nguyen was released.
She’s scheduled to appear in court in July.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the child abuse and sexual assault unit by calling Det.-Const. Jody Dennis 905-465-8980 or Det.-Sgt. Chris Newcombe at 905-465-8965.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Mississauga Man Charged with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Mississauga Man Facing Child Sexual Abuse Charges
- Mississauga Man Charged in Relation to Gunpoint Robbery in Oakville
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Mississauga
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Mississauga mayor says city ticketed restaurants and individuals for violating gathering limits