Mississauga Mom Charged After Baby Left in Car in Oakville
A mother is facing charges after an infant was found locked in a parked car in Oakville.
The incident took place on June 10.
Halton police were sent to 2423 Trafalgar Rd., near Dundas St., at 12:43 p.m.
That’s where they found the 11-month-old.
The child’s mother had been shopping in a nearby store for 90 minutes, say police.
Paramedics assessed the infant, who wasn’t physically harmed.
Thuy Thanh Tam Nguyen, 29, of Mississauga, is charged with abandoning a child and failing to provide necessaries of life.
Nguyen was released.
She’s scheduled to appear in court in July.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the child abuse and sexual assault unit by calling Det.-Const. Jody Dennis 905-465-8980 or Det.-Sgt. Chris Newcombe at 905-465-8965.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here’s What’s Happening with Mississauga’s Biggest Residential Development
- Celebration Square Releases 2019 Movie Lineup