Mississauga Mom Charged After Baby Left in Car in Oakville
A mother is facing charges after an infant was found locked in a parked car in Oakville.
The incident took place on June 10.
Halton police were sent to 2423 Trafalgar Rd., near Dundas St., at 12:43 p.m.
That’s where they found the 11-month-old.
The child’s mother had been shopping in a nearby store for 90 minutes, say police.
Paramedics assessed the infant, who wasn’t physically harmed.
Thuy Thanh Tam Nguyen, 29, of Mississauga, is charged with abandoning a child and failing to provide necessaries of life.
Nguyen was released.
She’s scheduled to appear in court in July.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the child abuse and sexual assault unit by calling Det.-Const. Jody Dennis 905-465-8980 or Det.-Sgt. Chris Newcombe at 905-465-8965.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Mandarin location in Mississauga temporarily closed for renovations
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Mississauga this winter
- Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
- Fatal crash closes major road in Mississauga
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- Mississauga Man Charged with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Mississauga Man Facing Child Sexual Abuse Charges
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation