Mississauga Men Charged in Connection With Human Trafficking Ring
Three Peel residents have been charged in connection with a human trafficking ring.
Kingston police recently announced that officers charged an 18-year-old Brampton man, a 20-year-old Mississauga man and an 18-year-old Mississauga man in relation to a human trafficking ring spanning from London, Ontario to Kingston.
Police say that on Sept. 26, a witness became concerned after spotting the accused with three females at a hotel. Believing the youngest victim was a minor, officers took her elsewhere to confirm her true age and identity. She was found to be a 14-year-old Hamilton girl.
The other two females were found to be an 18-year-old St. Catherine's woman and a 20-year-old woman from Woodstock area.
Kingston police say they launched an investigation and learned the accused parties had recruited the 14-year-old in July 2017 with "promises of a lavish lifestyle."
The accused parties allegedly took the 14-year-old, along with the other two women, to various hotels in London, Mississauga, Toronto, Guelph, and Peterborough and prostituted them using local ads.
Police allege the victims were controlled through intimidation and financial dependence, as the accused reportedly kept the money and only doled out small increments.
All three men have been charged jointly with procuring a minor, trafficking a minor, two counts of trafficking persons, advertising sexual services and more.
The Brampton man was additionally charged with criminal harassment by threatening conduct, kidnapping, sexual interference and sexual assault. The 18-year-old Mississauga man was also charged with three counts of breach of recognizance.
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police charge 48-year-old man in connection to human trafficking
- Mississauga Pair Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Three People Charged in Human Trafficking Investigation Involving Tinder
- Mississauga man charged with human trafficking
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win