Mississauga medical firm creates new COVID test
An international medical technology company based in Mississauga has developed a new test that will help medical professionals assess COVID patients.
The Becton Dickinson kit has been licensed by Health Canada to monitor the immune system and determine the risks of intubation with mechanical ventilation as well as mortality in COID-19 patients, aiding in patient-management decisions.
“As Canada is in the midst of the third wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the BD Multitest 6-Color TBNK Reagent with BD Trucount Tubes can provide clinicians with information to help them make key decisions and prioritize resources for COVID-19 patients,” said Nick Petropoulos, vice president of BD Life Sciences-Biosciences in Canada.
“We have a long history of helping clinicians and patients understand immune function, and this new application could be a valuable prognostic tool for Canadian health care professionals and health systems in our country.”
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care.
- Canada Goose to produce medical gear for health-care workers and patients
- TELUS Health helping 26,000 Canadian doctors conduct virtual visits with patients
- Ontario patients to be ranked for life-saving care should ICUs become full
- Plans for ‘life-and-death’ ICU triage decisions not finalized, health minister says
- New rapid COVID-19 anti-body test approved by Health Canada
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned