Mississauga Marathon postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic
The city’s annual marathon race has been put on hold in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
In a recent statement, the Mississauga Marathon organizers announced that they have postponed the 2020 Mississauga Marathon, originally scheduled for the weekend of May 1 to 3.
“This is in the best interests of everyone as we want to do whatever we can to limit and reduce the spread of COVID-19,” the Marathon organizers said.
“We are saddened to have had to come to this determination but the safety of our runners, spectators, volunteers, staff and the community is most important to us.”
The Mississauga Marathon is continuing to monitor the situation and is working with the city confirm a rescheduled 2020 date as soon as possible.
To stay up to date on the event’s details, visit mississaugamarathon.com.
- Biggest party bust Mississauga has seen during quarantine results in heavy fines
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- All COVID-19 cases at Mississauga grocery stores for the week of November 23 to 29
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win