Mississauga man's first lottery ticket results in massive win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a huge lottery win.
OLG congratulated 27 year old Anthony Redegeld, who won $342,409.90 in the LOTTO MAX second prize in the February 18, 2020 draw.
Redegeld, who works as a hospital customer support associate, says he had to ask the retailer for assistance when buying the ticket because he had never purchased one before.
“The next morning, my dad scanned my ticket on the OLG Lottery App. I was half asleep and brushed it off before falling back asleep," he said. "It didn't sink in until a day later!"
Redegeld plans to invest his win in real estate. "I'm hoping to use this money to get ahead - real estate is a big concern for me in the GTA," he said.
"Winning is surreal - I am still coming to terms with this.”
The winning ticket was purchased at INS Market on The Queensway in Mississauga.
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga