Mississauga Man Wins Incredible Lotto Jackpot
A Mississauga man and recent immigrant from Nigeria has received an absolutely astounding early Christmas present.
OLG recently announced that "Canada has solidified its place as the land of opportunity" for Olateju (Teju) Ogunwomoju, as he has won the guaranteed $1 million prize from the October 21 Lotto 6/49 draw.
"We've been here just under two years and I'm already a millionaire," Ogunwomoju told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
Ogunwomoju, an entrepreneur, discovered his big win shortly after the draw.
"I checked my ticket on the OLG Lottery app and saw the words 'Big Winner!'"
Ogunwomoju plans to use the money to buy a home and pay for his daughters' education.
"This win will allow us to purchase a beautiful home and provide the funds for the best education for our daughters," he said. "I feel so privileged every day to live in a country where my family is safe and happy!"
Since LOTTO 6/49 was launched in June 1982, there has been a total of 3,524 LOTTO 6/49 draws with Ontario players having won more than $12 billion in prizes, including 1,346 jackpot wins. There have been 468 Guaranteed $1 Million Prize draws to date.
Two hundred and eight of the winning tickets have been sold in Ontario.
The winning ticket was purchased at Becker's on Mississauga Valley Boulevard in Mississauga.
- Massive Jackpot Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Winning LOTTO ticket sold in Mississauga, jackpot still up for grabs
- Massive Winning Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Massive Multi-Million Dollar Lotto Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Quebec ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot; $1 million prize won in Ontario
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Test results are in from Mississauga condo revealing good news about the variants
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- First responders attending to fire in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga