Mississauga Man Wins Incredible Lotto Jackpot
A Mississauga man and recent immigrant from Nigeria has received an absolutely astounding early Christmas present.
OLG recently announced that "Canada has solidified its place as the land of opportunity" for Olateju (Teju) Ogunwomoju, as he has won the guaranteed $1 million prize from the October 21 Lotto 6/49 draw.
"We've been here just under two years and I'm already a millionaire," Ogunwomoju told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
Ogunwomoju, an entrepreneur, discovered his big win shortly after the draw.
"I checked my ticket on the OLG Lottery app and saw the words 'Big Winner!'"
Ogunwomoju plans to use the money to buy a home and pay for his daughters' education.
"This win will allow us to purchase a beautiful home and provide the funds for the best education for our daughters," he said. "I feel so privileged every day to live in a country where my family is safe and happy!"
Since LOTTO 6/49 was launched in June 1982, there has been a total of 3,524 LOTTO 6/49 draws with Ontario players having won more than $12 billion in prizes, including 1,346 jackpot wins. There have been 468 Guaranteed $1 Million Prize draws to date.
Two hundred and eight of the winning tickets have been sold in Ontario.
The winning ticket was purchased at Becker's on Mississauga Valley Boulevard in Mississauga.
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case