Mississauga Man Takes Home Huge Lotto Win
Christmas has come early for one very lucky Mississauga man and his Georgetown friend.
OLG recently announced that Joseph Krupicz of Mississauga and Michael Luskey of Georgetown won $1 million with Encore by matching all seven winning numbers on their Encore selection.
"We've been best friends since we were 17," said Krupicz and Luskey while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto where they picked up their winnings, as reported by OLG. "We've been playing the lottery as a group for over 20 years."
Luskey went to the store to check the pair's winning ticket after dropping his daughter off at daycare.
"I used the ticket checker and saw the words, 'Big Winner' flash on the screen. I kept scanning it again and again. At first I thought the machine said I won $1,000. When I realized it was a million I checked again. I put the ticket in my pocket and left the store. Joseph and I have had an agreement that if we win anything over $1,000, we split it. I told Joseph to come to my house so I could share the good news."
Mississauga's Krupicz says he plans to invest his winnings and use some for winter tires and a vacation.
"I will probably invest most of my portion of the win. I will also be getting some winter tires. This win gives me the freedom to travel more. I have a sister in England. Now I will be able to see her more often."
The winning ticket was purchased at Esso on Dixie Road in Mississauga.
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga