Mississauga man wins a big lotto prize and his wife started to cry at the store
A Mississauga man says 2021 will be a great year following a big lotto win.
OLG says Giuliano Nigro, 55, went 'all in' to win the Poker Lotto All In jackpot worth $72,498.90 on Jan. 17, 2021. Nigro also won $5,000 on the instant portion of his Poker Lotto play bringing his total winnings to $77,498.90.
Nigro told OLG he loves playing Poker Lotto and started playing last year.
"The first time I played I won $500," he told OLG.
Nigro told OLG that when his wife saw the terminal she started to cry.
"We were hugging and kissing and celebrating. We kept looking at each other in disbelief."
Nigro said 2021 is his best year yet.
"I am about to become a grandfather for the first time and now I'm a lottery winner!"
Plans for his win include paying some bills and sharing with his son to help with some work around his house before the baby arrives.
"The rest will go into savings," he told OLG.
The winning ticket was purchased at Puff N Stuff on Bloor Street in Mississauga.
In accordance with government-issued lockdown measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, OLG is currently limiting the number of in-person prize claim appointments at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to only those that require a face-to-face interview.
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial