Mississauga man wins a big lotto prize and his wife started to cry at the store
A Mississauga man says 2021 will be a great year following a big lotto win.
OLG says Giuliano Nigro, 55, went 'all in' to win the Poker Lotto All In jackpot worth $72,498.90 on Jan. 17, 2021. Nigro also won $5,000 on the instant portion of his Poker Lotto play bringing his total winnings to $77,498.90.
Nigro told OLG he loves playing Poker Lotto and started playing last year.
"The first time I played I won $500," he told OLG.
Nigro told OLG that when his wife saw the terminal she started to cry.
"We were hugging and kissing and celebrating. We kept looking at each other in disbelief."
Nigro said 2021 is his best year yet.
"I am about to become a grandfather for the first time and now I'm a lottery winner!"
Plans for his win include paying some bills and sharing with his son to help with some work around his house before the baby arrives.
"The rest will go into savings," he told OLG.
The winning ticket was purchased at Puff N Stuff on Bloor Street in Mississauga.
In accordance with government-issued lockdown measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, OLG is currently limiting the number of in-person prize claim appointments at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to only those that require a face-to-face interview.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Mass test results are in from a Mississauga condo for the variants of concern
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga
- Brampton and Mississauga Lowe's locations hosting hiring day to fill 240 positions