Mississauga Man Planning Family Trip Following Major Lotto Win
A Mississauga man and father of four is celebrating a huge lotto win.
OLG recently announced that purchasing the last scratch ticket in the case proved to be a lucky move for June Wong, the lucky winner of the top prize of $250,000 with Instant Ice (Game #2049).
"I scratched the first row right away and it had three matching icons. I only saw $250 and then halfway through scratching the ticket I got excited because I thought I won $2,500."
OLG says Wong finally realized that he was the winner of the top prize.
"I finally gave my ticket to the store clerk and the machine screen read BIG WINNER - I immediately froze, as if I forgot how to walk. I started jumping up and down, laughing!" said Wong.
Wong immediately called his wife to share the exciting news. She didn't believe him at first but then quickly shared in the thrill and excitement of winning.
The father of four plans to share the win with his children.
"I plan to buy my children a nice gift and will also plan a family trip to Malaysia," Wong told OLG.
For Wong, this win also means he will be debt free.
"Winning the lottery feels like I'm floating on air! I'm enjoying this feeling - I've worked so hard for so long that this wins feels wonderful." As for any remainder, June says he will put it towards his retirement.
ICE is available for $10 a play and the top prize is $250,000. Odds of winning a prize are 1 in 3.89.
The winning ticket was purchased Vibrin Drug Mart on Bristol Road in Mississauga.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 new flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021