Mississauga Man Making Plans for Huge Lotto Win
A Mississauga man is celebrating a pretty substantial lotto win.
OLG recently announced that Reynaldo Ricabierta won $705,538.80 from the Aug. 12 Lottario draw.
"I'm a new LOTTARIO player. I've only been buying tickets for a few months," Ricabierta told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "I still can't believe this happened to me so fast."
OLG says Ricabierta went to the store to check the two Lottario tickets he purchased and won on both.
"The first ticket was a Free Play, and the second was the big winner! At first, I thought I'd won $700. It wasn't until I gave it to the retailer that I realized it was much more!"
The news was such a shock that he couldn't even remember his address when speaking with OLG on the phone.
"My nerves got the best of me! I was speechless and weak in the knees."
After validating the big win, the lucky winner went straight to his wife's work to share the surprise.
"I told her to take tomorrow off because I won the lottery. She didn't believe me, until I showed her the slip!"
The couple plans to pay off their mortgage and plan a trip to the Philippines to visit family and friends. A new car for Ricabierta wife is also in the plans.
"I am so thankful and excited about the future. Knowing our big bills are taken care of gives us freedom to make travel plans and other amazing choices.
Lottario was launched by Ontario Lottery and Gaming in 1978 as Ontario's first on-line terminal lotto game.
The winning ticket was purchased at Gateway Newstand on City Centre Drive in Mississauga.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry