Mississauga Man is Celebrating Big Lottery Win
Another day, another Mississauga lottery winner.
This time it’s a veteran lotto player.
"I've been playing the lottery for about 29 years," said Manuel Romaris, 47, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his winnings.
"I enjoy playing Lotto Max and Lottario with Encore. I also play Instant Poker.”
He’s celebrating after #winning $143,400.50 in the April 27 Lotto Max draw.
The morning after the draw Romaris checked his ticket on the OLG website.
"I was shocked to see that I had won," he said. "I brought it to the store to check for sure."
Once his win was confirmed, Romaris said he couldn't wait to get home to share the great news with his wife of 12 years.
"She looked at me and thought something was wrong," he laughed. "I told her that we had won the lottery."
Romaris works as a mixologist -or bartender- and says he plans on using the winnings to take a trip to Spain.
"I can actually save money now - it's amazing," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at a Hasty Market on Burnhamthorpe Rd. in Etobicoke.
Photo courtesy of OLG
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- Ontario could announce new restrictions today to curb surging COVID 19 rates
- 855,000 vaccines that were to have arrived last week are now in the Canada