Mississauga Man is Celebrating Big Lottery Win
Another day, another Mississauga lottery winner.
This time it’s a veteran lotto player.
"I've been playing the lottery for about 29 years," said Manuel Romaris, 47, while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his winnings.
"I enjoy playing Lotto Max and Lottario with Encore. I also play Instant Poker.”
He’s celebrating after #winning $143,400.50 in the April 27 Lotto Max draw.
The morning after the draw Romaris checked his ticket on the OLG website.
"I was shocked to see that I had won," he said. "I brought it to the store to check for sure."
Once his win was confirmed, Romaris said he couldn't wait to get home to share the great news with his wife of 12 years.
"She looked at me and thought something was wrong," he laughed. "I told her that we had won the lottery."
Romaris works as a mixologist -or bartender- and says he plans on using the winnings to take a trip to Spain.
"I can actually save money now - it's amazing," he said.
The winning ticket was purchased at a Hasty Market on Burnhamthorpe Rd. in Etobicoke.
Photo courtesy of OLG
- Hamilton great grandmother plans to share lottery winnings with family
- Three Burlington residents celebrating big lottery wins
- Mississauga Man Claims Winning Lottery Ticket Just Days Before It Expires
- Mississauga Resident Takes Home Big Lotto Win
- Dreaming of mom leads to Hamilton resident winning $50,000 in Ontario 49 lottery
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children