Mississauga Man in Hospital After Oakville Crash
A 70-year-old Mississauga man is in hospital after a crash in Oakville.
The incident took place on Oct. 5 at 8:15 p.m.
That’s when the man was driving a Ford F-150 eastbound on Upper Middle Rd.
He tried to make a U-turn at the intersection with the westbound Hwy. 403 exit ramp, say Halton police.
At the same time, a 42-year-old woman was driving an Audi Q5 westbound on Upper Middle Rd. and the vehicles collided in the intersection.
Emergency crews were sent to the scene.
While the pick-up truck driver was being attended to, the man went into medical distress.
Paramedics transported him to Hamilton General Hospital, where his condition has been upgraded to stable.
The Audi driver received minor injuries and didn’t require hospitalization, say police.
Due to the serious nature of the medical distress, the collision reconstruction unit was dispatched to the scene to collect evidence.
The road was closed to traffic in both directions for approximately three hours during the scene investigation.
Any witnesses are asked to phone the collision reconstruction unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065 or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Mississauga Man in Trauma Unit After Oakville Crash
- Mississauga Man Dies of Injuries From Oakville Crash
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision Involving Mississauga Man In Oakville
- Halton Police's initial investigation shows it was collision, not single-vehicle crash, that led to death of male passenger in Halton Hills
- School Bus Crash Sends Mississauga Woman to Hospital
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- 32-hour all night marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases