Mississauga Man in Hospital After Oakville Crash
A 70-year-old Mississauga man is in hospital after a crash in Oakville.
The incident took place on Oct. 5 at 8:15 p.m.
That’s when the man was driving a Ford F-150 eastbound on Upper Middle Rd.
He tried to make a U-turn at the intersection with the westbound Hwy. 403 exit ramp, say Halton police.
At the same time, a 42-year-old woman was driving an Audi Q5 westbound on Upper Middle Rd. and the vehicles collided in the intersection.
Emergency crews were sent to the scene.
While the pick-up truck driver was being attended to, the man went into medical distress.
Paramedics transported him to Hamilton General Hospital, where his condition has been upgraded to stable.
The Audi driver received minor injuries and didn’t require hospitalization, say police.
Due to the serious nature of the medical distress, the collision reconstruction unit was dispatched to the scene to collect evidence.
The road was closed to traffic in both directions for approximately three hours during the scene investigation.
Any witnesses are asked to phone the collision reconstruction unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 5065 or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- These Are Some of the Highest Paying Jobs in Mississauga Right Now
- More Police Officers are Coming to Mississauga's Streets