Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
A police investigation has recently led to the arrest of a Mississauga resident.
On Saturday, February 16, officers conducted a search warrant at a residence in the area of Queen Street and Britannia Road West.
Police say the search turned up a loaded firearm and a quantity of cocaine with a street value of over $46,000.
Mississauga man Phillip Grant, 28, was arrested.
Grant is charged with five counts of breaching probation, unauthorized possession of firearm, possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, careless storage of firearm, assaulting police, and possession for the purpose of trafficking, among other firearm-related charges.
He appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, February 17.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- What's Open and Closed on Thanksgiving Day in Mississauga
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga