Mississauga Man Facing Multiple Charges Following Police Investigation and Pursuit
A Mississauga man is facing multiple alleged charges following a police investigation and pursuit.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, around 9:30 a.m. yesterday (April 24) an officer was at a gas station getting fuel for his police vehicle when he noticed the vehicle next to him.
Schmidt notes that the vehicle appeared to be inconsistent with the registration and licencing. According to Schmidt, the licence plate did not match the vehicle, it came back unattached, unregistered, and improper.
The officer then sparked up a conversation with the man who was standing with the vehicle.
The man ended up fleeing on foot leaving his vehicle behind running out onto live lanes of traffic in Mississauga near Erin Mills Parkway.
The officer followed the man and attempted to ascertain.
According to Schmidt, the officer was going to place the suspect under arrest due to the lies and the improper information provided.
However, the suspect continued to evade police, was able to get back into his vehicle, flee the gas station dragging the officer for a short distance before the officer disengaged.
The officer then returned to his vehicle to call for back up and to take chase.
Schmidt notes that the driver fled the gas station in a very dangerous and aggressive matter, nearly striking other pedestrians that were at the gas station as well.
The vehicle fled into a residential community area where the suspect got boxed into a dead end street.
The suspect then exited his vehicle and surrendered to police.
The suspect, who has been identified as Jarreth Brinson (26) of Mississauga, is currently in bail court.
The suspect is facing multiple alleged charges, some of which include dangerous operation, dangerous driving with a weapon, failing to comply with recognizance (two times), assault with intent, and flight from police.
The suspect is also wanted on other existing investigations by other police services.
The suspect is currently in custody waiting to be processed for the OPP’s investigation.
According to OPP, there was pepper spray as well as other weapons, in addition to identification as a police officer as the accused, according to OPP, was able to impersonate an officer, and break-in instruments inside the vehicle in question.
According to Schmidt, the suspect was known to police.
No injuries were sustained as a result of this incident.
Criminal charges laid after police investigation/pursuit. Jarreth BRINSON, 26 from Mississauga charged https://t.co/6vSjEvKnWN— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) April 25, 2019
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- Adorable Kensington Market-Based Store Opens New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Truck and Bus Collide in Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse
- Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- OPP Officer Struck by Vehicle on Hwy 403 in Mississauga
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle