Mississauga Man Facing Firearm Charges After Police Called to House Party
Four people, including a Mississauga man, are facing firearm-related charges after police allegedly found a man sleeping with a gun in his lap at a Toronto house party.
Toronto police say that on Saturday, Sept. 7, officers went to check on a home in the Meadowbank Road and Cowley Avenue area after a number of calls were made about a loud party at a short-term rental home.
Police allege that officers found a man sleeping in a car with a gun on his lap, and subsequently arrested him.
Police say that two other men fled into the backyards of neighbouring properties and that a search uncovered another firearm that had been discarded.
Police allege that officers then approached a group of men and discovered a loaded magazine in their midst.
Police say the suspects were all arrested and the home was searched by the Emergency Task Force.
Five more people were arrested but later released.
Police have arrested Kingslee Christie, 22, of no fixed address, Najiib Adan, 28, of Mississauga, Zyad Siddiqui, 28, of Toronto, and Said Keylie, 24, of Toronto.
The Mississauga man has been charged two counts of possession of a prohibited device.
The suspects appeared in court on Sunday, Sept. 8.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).
Photo courtesy of Toronto Police Service
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Police seize loaded gun during house party investigation in Mississauga
- Four People Facing Charges After Gun Allegedly Found During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga man drops firearm in back of police cruiser