Mississauga Man Facing Charges in Connection with Shooting Incident
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with a shooting incident that took place in Caledon.
The OPP report that on Wednesday, Aug. 16 at approximately 12:10 a.m., officers were dispatched to a shooting in the Highway 10 and Old School Road area.
Police say the preliminary investigation revealed that the victim, a male in his 20s, was shot by two suspects. He was transported to a trauma centre with non-life threatening injuries.
Police have arrested and charged two males in connection with the shooting, including 19-year-old Mississauga man Andrae Matthew Douse. Douse has been charged with attempting to commit murder using a firearm, kidnapping and cocaine possession. Police also arrested and charged 26-year-old Etobicoke man Mohamud Mohamed Hassan. He's facing the same charges as Douse.
The accused are scheduled to appear in court for bail hearings on Aug. 30.
Police do not believe there is any ongoing threat to public safety as a result of this incident.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding the shooting to contact the Caledon OPP at (905) 584-2241 or toll free at 1-888-310-1122.
- Two Mississauga Men Facing Charges in Connection with Nightclub Shooting
- Teen Charged Following Mississauga Shooting
- Police Identify Three Suspects After Man Injured in Shooting in Mississauga
- Man facing charges after five-month investigation into Mississauga shooting
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection with Apartment Shooting in Mississauga
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Skies will be clear in Mississauga for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Mississauga restaurant ordered to pay $40,000 to sexual harassment victim
- Mississauga driver stopped three times for excessive speeding: Peel police
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19